The 1992 earthquake .. 30 seconds rocked Cairo






Today marks the twenty-seventh anniversary of the largest disaster in Egypt in the twentieth century, which was the devastating 1992 earthquake, which measured 5.8 on the scale of Richter, and killed about 545 people, injured 6,512 others, and displaced 50,000 people, and caused a rift and destruction of many Houses, mosques and schools start from Bulaq and south along the Nile to Ayyat on the west bank of the river.


Just 30 seconds is the duration of the earthquake, it passed like 30 years, only the scene of the earthquake in the streets was majestic, and even though I was four years old at the time, I remember the earthquake events in front of me as if it had happened yesterday, it was about three and a half times the afternoon prayer time, I remember My mother's picture is carrying my younger brother while I am in her right hand rushing in the street away from homes and buildings for fear that we may feel bad, and we were living at the time in the Rawd al-Farag neighborhood in Cairo.



I remember that despite the earthquake’s surprise and surprise to the people, they were connected, I did not find anyone who fears for himself only because everyone is running and screaming warning the neighbors about the necessity of leaving the houses, and how the youth were knocking on the doors to make sure that the houses are empty of people, even in the aftermath of the earthquake that Egypt witnessed for four days Consecutive position was one.

I remember how the neighbors sat after the earthquake, reassured each other, they rushed to each other, and how afraid each of them was from the earthquake, and how it was just a truck or trailer passing that something shook of someone shouting, "Caused an earthquake," it is really the Egyptians that are scarce even in disasters.


تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

برنامج المخازن